Tips for Buying a Wheelchair Online
Before buying a wheelchair online, always check with your healthcare provider to get counsel on specific purchase criteria. This will ensure the chair you purchase meets your specific needs for mobility, comfort, and durability.
Ask your medical professional for specifics on the type and size of mobility equipment you need, along with a list of the functional requirements and accessories you
Just like purchasing a car, it is always advisable to "test drive" your mobility chair before making a purchase.
If you've had an opportunity to try out some different chair models and know the brand and type you want to purchase, then buying a wheelchair from an internet retailer may be a convenient and cost-effective option.
Here are key questions to ask before making your online purchase.
- When was the company started? Look for established retailers who have long-standing reputations for quality, service and reliability.
- What brands and types of mobility chairs are available and does the retailer have the selection you want?
- Does the website feature names and contact information of its executives and customer service staff? Check for a mailing address and phone numbers, in addition to online forms and email addresses.
- Is the company in good standing with the Better Business Bureau?
- What type of pricing is available and how does it compare to the same equipment elsewhere?
- Does the company offer guarantees and warranties with your purchase - and are these put in writing for your review prior to buying your chair online?
- Does the price reflect shipping, handling, set-up, insurance and other related expenses (or are these add-ons)? Be sure the price you are given includes everything you need.
- What is the return policy in case you don't like the product, it wasn't what you expected, or there is something not working properly with the equipment?
- Does the retailer offer in-home set-up and training, as well as have a network of local agents who can service your mobility chair after the purchase?
- Does the online company have trained customer service agents and a toll-free number that you can call to speak with someone before making your purchase?
- Will the company provide you with references of previous purchasers whom you can contact to ascertain satisfaction levels?
- Does the online retailer offer secure, private online ordering?
Related Information - Buying a Wheelchair Online
Mobility Scooter Information
Mobility Advisor HOME
Mobility Chair Choices
Buying a Wheelchair Online