Mobility Advice Line
by Laura from Birmingham - England
Mobility Advice Line is committed to providing help to disabled people, their families, caregivers and friends. This can be advice, signposting or just simply someone to chat to. Whatever the question is, Mobility Advice Line will try and help you, and if we can't, we'll find someone who can.
The area we cover is West Midlands but we do take calls from other areas such as The South of England (Bournemouth), London (Surrey), Wales, Scotland and others.
Our advice is free and confidential. It covers the following areas.
- Wheelchair & Scooter info: We can provide you with information on where to rent and buy mobility equipment, including supplying you with the phone numbers of retailers and suppliers. We also can assist in helping you learn how to get free repairs and find spares.
- Blue Badge: Previously called Orange Badge, we can help you with information on how to secure parking the blue badge that allows concessions that are designed for mobility challenged people. The badge also enables holders to park close to where they need to go and provides accommodations for those having difficulty using public transportation.
- Motability Allowance & Benefits: We can advise on welfare benefits and conditions of entitlement, including disability living allowances; caregiver allowances, incapacity benefit and employment support; income support; council tax and housing benefits.
- Bank Charges: Our specialist advisor can assist you with claiming back any unlawful bank charges.
- Home Visits:We also offer a "home visit" service for one-to-one advice. Please see our website for our code of conduct for these visits.
The Mobility Advice Line also helps with appeals and tribunals for those who have been turned down for either disability living allowances or attendance allowance.
For more information, please visit our website at www.mobility-advice.org.uk or call 0121-454-2331. Thank you!
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Travel, Assistance and Event Tips.
Published by Jules Sowder